Greetings from Garo Hills.
Here I am attaching few pictures of the giant mushroom discovered at our town in Tura. The mushroom is still growing but the upper surface is gradually drying up. The owner says, it was "wet" and shiny few days ago.
Also please not that, this mushroom grew through the cemented house floor and not from any decaying wood. It grew from under the ground through the thin cemented floor. The owners first noticed it last Sunday, it's 1 week old now.
Another interesting fact is that, there are signs of white powder on the floor under the mushroom. Maybe the cement is reacting to some chemical present in the fungus. Take a look at the pic and you'll see.
The owners has decided to hand over the mushroom to us (after it withers away) if we need to do further studies.
Write to me if you need anything else. Please help us to identify this mushroom and also please let us know if this is poisonous or not (For safety reasons).
Another 1.5ft mushroom is growing nearby this giant. We'll keep you updated.
Garo Hills, INDIA