Sunday, June 03, 2012
DALE DRINNON: Cedar and Willow
Catching Up Some Loose Ends On Cedar And Willow
http://cedar-and-willow.blogspot.com/2012/06/mighty-heroes-and-mighty-babes.htmlAnd the second one includes a Lana Wood reference
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:33 PM No comments:
I'M THE GONZO BLOG DOO DAH MAN
Good morning, and a happy Bank Holiday monday to all of you in the UK.
We have various interesting things on the table for you today, starting off with an interchange of emails between me and the lovely Liz Lenten from Auburn, which ends up with a challenge to those jolly nice Gonzofolk who read the Gonzo Daily:
We have some vintage Rick Wakeman:
And whilst on the subject of the Caped Crusader, here is a rather good review of his new Live CD:
We also have some vintage Wally. I appeared on the James Whale show once. It was the first TV I ever did and I was terrified and made a bit of a hash of it. Wally, however, were magnificent:
We have an insightful review of the documentary DVD featuring Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart and our very own Ant-Bee:
I bemoan the fact that I have only just heard of Galahad. Bloody hell they are good:
And finally, completely off topic, we have a link to a BBC documentary about John Cooper Clarke recommended by my old mate, the renowned explorer and cryptozoologist Richard Freeman:
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:30 PM No comments:
OLL LEWIS: Yesterday's News Today
On this day in 2010 The SpaceX Falcon 9 was launched for the first time.
And now the news:
- Device May Let Humans Communicate With Dolphins
- Harsh winters blamed for bird population decline
- LAX agents seize live bird hopping around in plane...
- Small town council calls for snapping turtle prote...
- Much ado about toads - Bay Beach civil suit dismis...
- Two rare bird species in Taita forests face extinc...
- Lake Tahoe's Black-Backed Woodpecker Population In...
- Vertebrates Share Brain Circuitry for Social Decis...
- New whaling report calls Danish EU presidency into...
- 14 staff leave WWF Tanzania after $400,000 fraud
- Nunavik Sled Dogs Need First Aid and Care Too
- Minke whales off Hastings & Striped dolphin off Pl...
Blast off of Falcon 9's recent mission to resupply the ISS:
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:28 PM No comments:
VINTAGE MENAGERIE EXHIBITION
Multi-person elephant rides, orangutans eating from fine china, and carnivores on display before becoming extinct are just some of the scenes from an online exhibit of vintage zoo pamphlets being featured by the Smithsonian Institution.
Posted by Jon Downes at 10:43 AM No comments:
BIGFOOT IN IDAHO?
Posted by Jon Downes at 10:39 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)