Never before seen footage of the last thylacine unearthed
THE LATE Reverend Harold Doyle's nitrate film depicting the last known thylacine "Benjamin" was archived in the 1980s, but his son and a team of ...
Monday, December 14, 2020
THYLACINES IN THE NEWS
Posted by Jon Downes at 2:53 PM No comments:
BIGFOOT NEWS IN BRIEF
Regular readers will know that in recent years we have migrated the two specialist Study Groups – Mystery Cats (curated by Carl Marshall and Olivia McCarthy) and Lake and Sea Monsters (curated by Sally Watts and Richard Muirhead) – to their own standalone blogs, although when there are postings, notifications of them can be found on the main blog.
Now, we are doing the same for the BHM Study Group,aggregated ny Guin Palmer, curated by Glen Vaudrey and Nathan Jackson
- IOWA: Searching for Bigfoot in Iowa
- MONSTERS OF ALASKA
- Watch Expedition Bigfoot: The Final Hours
- YOWIE PODCAST
- PDF DOWNLOAD: Bigfoot The Complete Guide To Bigfoo...
- MONTANA Better Odds of Finding Bigfoot Than Winnin...
- POLITICS: Republican lawmaker likens Trump vote-fr...
- POLITICS: GOP congressman links Bigfoot hunters to...
- CLASSIC Ivan Sanderson Bigfoot story
- A BUNCH OF RECENT PODCASTS
- PODCAST: Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo
Posted by Jon Downes at 1:08 PM No comments:
THE GONZO BLOG DOO0DAH MAN DOES STUFF AND THEN HE DOES MORE STUFF
Today is one of those productive but rather annoying days. I am in and inexplicably bad mood for no real reason. My new chest of drawers has arrived and looks very smart although it holds less than I had hoped. However, that is nothing new. I have never been able to estimate measurements or distances, and it doesn’t really matter; I’ve bought a second one.
Love and Peace
From me and Lilith Tinkerbell the cat
And the new OTT is out:
ALL TODAY'S GONZO NEWS WOT'S FIT TO SQUINT
JOHN HEATON: Double Fantasy Stripped Down: A Fine ...
GONZO TRACK OF THE DAY: Van Der Graaf Generator -...
THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem
YES: Arc of Life
FRANK ZAPPA: was nearly killed on stage
AND OTHER STUFF FEATURING VARIOUS GONZO CONTRIBUTORS:
Our webTV show:
And if you fancy supporting it on Patreon:
And by the way chaps and chappesses, a trip to the Jon Downes megastore may seem to be in order:
Meanwhile I continue to pretend that I am a popstar, because now I have sold eleven whole copies of my new album Coldharbour. If I continue at this rate I will get a silver disc sometime at the beginning of the next millenium. Coldharbour, by the way, can be found here: https://jondownes1.bandcamp.com/releases
I think it is really rather good, but then again I would say that wouldn't I?
AND THE LATEST ISSUE OF THE GONZO MAGAZINE:
Gonzo Weekly #419/20
THE INSTANT KARMA ISSUE
This magazine continues to go off on strange tangents that I never expect, but I am very happy to see it do so. What is in this week? Ooooh lots of things. Such as John Lennon, Brute Force, Double Agents Covidstuff, and oodles more...
And there are radio shows from Mack Maloney and Friday Night Progressive, AND Merrell Fankhauser, and the Real Music Club, AND Strange Fruit, and Mr Biffo, there is a column from Kev Rowland, and C.J Stone, but Mr Biffo, Tony Klinger and Neil Nixon, are on hiatus. There is also a collection of more news, reviews, views, interviews and dibblers who have got the blues (OK, nothing to do with tiny marsupials who are listening to the new Bob Dylan album, but I got carried away with things that rhymed with OOOOS) than you can shake a stick at. And the best part is IT's ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
..And the last few issues are:
Issue 419-20 (John Lennon)
Issue 417-8 (gIG)
Issue 415-16 (Phideaux)
Issue 413-14 (Rick Wakeman)
Issue 411-12 (Extinction Rebellion)
Issue 409-10 (Covid)
All issues from #70 can be downloaded at www.gonzoweekly.com if you prefer. If you have problems downloading, just email me and I will add you to the Gonzo Weekly dropbox. The first 69 issues are archived there as well. Information is power chaps, we have to share it!
You can download the magazine in pdf form HERE:
SPECIAL NOTICE: If you, too, want to unleash the power of your inner rock journalist, and want to join a rapidly growing band of likewise minded weirdos please email me at email@example.com The more the merrier really.
* The Gonzo Daily is a two way process. If you have any news or want to write for us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an artist and want to showcase your work, or even just say hello please write to me at email@example.com. Please copy, paste and spread the word about this magazine as widely as possible. We need people to read us in order to grow, and as soon as it is viable we shall be invading more traditional magaziney areas. Join in the fun, spread the word, and maybe if we all chant loud enough we CAN stop it raining. See you tomorrow...
* The Gonzo Daily is - as the name implies - a daily online magazine (mostly) about artists connected to the Gonzo Multimedia group of companies. But it also has other stuff as and when the editor feels like it. The same team also do a weekly newsletter called - imaginatively - The Gonzo Weekly. Find out about it at this link: www.gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk
* We should probably mention here, that some of our posts are links to things we have found on the internet that we think are of interest. We are not responsible for spelling or factual errors in other people's websites. Honest guv!
* Jon Downes, the Editor of all these ventures (and several others) is a recently widowed old hippy of 61 who - together with a Jack Russell called Archie, an infantile orange cat named after a song by Frank Zappa, three other cats, one totally coincidentally named after one of the Manson Family, purely because she squeaks, puts it all together from a converted potato shed in a tumbledown cottage deep in rural Devon which he shares with various fish. He is ably assisted by a motley collection of social malcontents. Plus.. did we mention Archie and the Cats?
Posted by Jon Downes at 4:00 AM No comments:
NEWS FROM NOWHERE: Monday
ON THIS DAY IN - 1503 - Physician, astrologer and clairvoyant Nostradamus was born at St. Remy, Provence, France.
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
AND TO WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK... (Music that may have some relevance to items also on this page, or may just reflect my mood on the day)
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:30 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)