BUY IN ADVANCE AT A SPECIAL "EARLY BIRD" RATE
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
BIGFOOT NEWS IN BRIEF
Woman In Utah Claims Bigfoot Tried To Kill Her
Ms Claire was terrified when Bigfoot came running at her breaking trees. Sasquatch was also seen hunting rabbits with a rock. These creatures are ...
Do You Document Tree Breaks?
Many Sasquatch researchers think that tree breaks are one of the key signs that a Bigfoot has been through your area. It's good to put on your thinking ...
Stories Of Bigfoot Abductions Are Always Creepy
Believe it or not, there have been a number of stories throughout the years about bigfoot abducting humans. Real-life King Kong accounts that can't be ...
What Exactly Is A Bigfoot Tree Break?
The North Alabama Bigfoot Society, or N.A.B.S., has been making a series of educational videos about bigfoot research, and some of the common ...
Man Gets Charged By Bigfoot In Indiana
A man in Indiana reported this encounter of a bigfoot that was taking apples from his tree. He thought it was children at first, but upon investigating ...
Ohio Sasquatch "Whoop" Caught On Video
Squatch Master Jeff captured the following audio of a possible bigfoot call during an investigation in a sasquatch hot spot in Ohio. These type calls are ...
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:57 PM No comments:
FORTEAN BIRD NEWS FROM THE WATCHER OF THE SKIES
Well, everything, actually!
In an article for the first edition of Cryptozoology Bernard Heuvelmans wrote that cryptozoology is the study of 'unexpected animals' and following on from that perfectly reasonable assertion, it seems to us that whereas the study of out-of-place birds may not have the glamour of the hunt for bigfoot or lake monsters, it is still a perfectly valid area for the Fortean zoologist to be interested in.
- National Red List book for Nepal's birds published...
- Warming friendship: A man and a penguin forge a bo...
- Arctic-nesting birds may struggle with climate cha...
- Birds can be grammar nerds too
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:54 PM No comments:
THE GONZO BLOG DOO-DAH MAN HAS NEVER FELT MORE LIKE A FATHER BEFORE
The Gonzo Daily - Wednesday
My musical career is showing the most stellar rise it has done in twenty years since I stopped touring. Yesterday alone I sold more records than I have in the past two years .... three!
Yes, boys and girls I have a new four track EP thing out. Read all about it:
Also the tickets are finally on sale for WW2016:
I am truly the acceptable face of capitalism!
THE GONZO TRACK OF THE DAY: Valentina Igoshina -"F...
THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem
Chris Thompson interviewed by Jon Kirkman
Chic "Interview Nile Rodgers & Bernard Edwards 198...
The Magic Band Speaks About Captain Beefheart
Gonzo Magazine #174
Keith Emerson's death broke about half an hour after we went to press last weekend. As promised this week is a tribute iossue dedicated to him, and we would like to extend our condolences to his loved ones.
Keith Emerson, Erik Norlander, ELP, Patrick Moraz, Greg Lake, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Mr Biffo, Roy Weard, Dogwatch, That Legendary Wooden Lion, Hawkwind, and Yes fans had better look out!
Keith Emerson is on the front cover, and inside Erik Norlander and Richard Stellar remember the Keith Emerson they knew. There are also statements from Greg Lake and Patrick Moraz. Doug writes about what many believe was ELP's finest hour, while Jon remembers the influence Keith Emerson had on his life. There is an open letter from Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, and Gregg Kofi Brown tour dates. We review a book about Anarchopunk. John looks forward to a revolutionary spectacular at the V&A museum. Biffo looks at poo graffiti. There are radio shows from Strange Fruit, Friday Night Progressive, and Mack Maloney, the latest installment of the saga of Xtul, and columns from all sorts of folk including Roy Weard, Neil Nixon and the irrepressible Corinna. There is also a collection of more news, reviews, views, interviews and pademelons ouyside zoos(OK, nothing to do with small marsupials who have escaped from captivity, but I got carried away with things that rhymed with OOOOS) than you can shake a stick at. And the best part is IT's ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
This issue features:
Keith Emerson, Prince, Pete Doherty, Stevie Wonder, Iron Maiden, Phil Collins, Madonna, Eagles, Elton John, Don McLean, Gregg Kofi Brown, Bob Dylan, Frank Zappa, Strange Fruit, Friday Night Progressive, Mack Maloney's Mystery Hour, Newton Edward Daniels (Paul Daniels), Lee Andrews, Arthur Clifford "Cliff" Michelmore, CBE, Sylvia Beatrice Anderson, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies CH CBE, Thomas "Tommy" A. Brown, Joe Ascione, Joan Bates, Gregg Kofi Brown, Billy Cobham, Kevin Ayres featuring Ollie Halsall, Country Queens, Robert Calvert, Greg Harris, The Kentucky Colonels, Michael Jackson, Leonard Cohen, Michael Livesley and Brainwashing House feat Rick Wakeman, Neil Innes and Susie Honeyman, Erik Norlander, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Greg Lake, Patrick Moraz, Richard Stellar,Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Amy Phillipson, Roy Weard, John Brodie-Good, Mr.Biffo, Hawkwind, Xtul,The Beatles, Wilson Pickett, Ozzy Osbourne, Cher, Neil Nixon, Richard Brautigan, Boisson Divine
Read the previous few issues of Gonzo Weekly:
Issue 173 (Pink Fairies action figures)
Issue 172 (4th Eden)
Issue 171 (Keith Levene)
Issue 170 (Wildman Fischer)
Issue 169 (Wildman Fischer)
Issue 168 (Wakeman/Bowie)
Issue 167 (Paul Kantner)
Issue 166 (Spirits Burning)
Issue 165 (David Bowie)
Issue 164 (Free Festivals)
Issue 163 (Lemmy)
Issue 161-2 (The Christmas Double Feature)
Issue 160 (Frank Zappa)
Issue 159 (Jon Anderson and Matt Malley)
Issue 158 (Billy Sherwood)
Issue 157 (Drones for Daevid)
Issue 156 (Rick and Emmie)
Issue 155 (Pink Fairies)
Issue 154 (Steve Ignorant)
Issue 153 (Martin Barre)
Issue 152 (4th Eden)
All issues from #70 can be downloaded at www.gonzoweekly.com if you prefer. If you have problems downloading, just email me
and I will add you to the Gonzo Weekly dropbox. The first 69 issues are archived there as well. Information is power chaps, we have to share it!
You can download the magazine in pdf form HERE:
SPECIAL NOTICE: If you, too, want to unleash the power of your inner rock journalist, and want to join a rapidly growing band of likewise minded weirdos please email me at email@example.com The more the merrier really.
* The Gonzo Daily is a two way process. If you have any news or want to write for us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an artist and want to showcase your work, or even just say hello please write to me at email@example.com. Please copy, paste and spread the word about this magazine as widely as possible. We need people to read us in order to grow, and as soon as it is viable we shall be invading more traditional magaziney areas. Join in the fun, spread the word, and maybe if we all chant loud enough we CAN stop it raining. See you tomorrow...
* The Gonzo Daily is - as the name implies - a daily online magazine (mostly) about artists connected to the Gonzo Multimedia group of companies. But it also has other stuff as and when the editor feels like it. The same team also do a weekly newsletter called - imaginatively - The Gonzo Weekly. Find out about it at this link: www.gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk
* We should probably mention here, that some of our posts are links to things we have found on the internet that we think are of interest. We are not responsible for spelling or factual errors in other people's websites. Honest guv!
* Jon Downes, the Editor of all these ventures (and several others) is an old hippy of 56 who - together with an infantile orange cat named after a song by Frank Zappa, and two small kittens, one totally coincidentally named after one of the Manson Family, purely because she squeaks, puts it all together from a converted potato shed in a tumbledown cottage deep in rural Devon which he shares with various fish. He is ably assisted by his lovely wife Corinna, his bulldog/boxer Prudence, his elderly mother-in-law, and a motley collection of social malcontents. Plus.. did we mention the infantile orange cat, and the adventurous kittens?
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:53 PM No comments:
CFZ PEOPLE: Shoshannah McCarthy
Happy Birthday darling one
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:43 PM No comments:
NEWS FROM NOWHERE: Wednesday
ON THIS DAY IN 1066 - The 18th recorded perihelion passage of Halley's Comet took place.
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
Two brand new dung beetle species from montane gra...
Critically endangered crocodile hatchlings from sa...
Is Alaska's first new butterfly species in decades...
Scientists solve the mystery of the Tully Monster
The ocean's loudest invertebrates may be silenced ...
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
AND TO WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK... (Music that may have some relevance to items also on this page, or may just reflect my mood on the day)
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:30 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)