- Is Nessie Out There? Keep Your Eye on This Loch Ne...
- PODCAST - A Monster In Loch Ness
- What scientists think the Loch Ness Monster actual...
- Is Nessie Out There? Keep Your Eye on This Loch Ne...
- Captain Fraser's Nessie Film
- DOCUMENTARY - Watch MonsterQuest: America's Loch N...
- VIDEO - The Loch Ness Monster (S1E2)
- Loch Ness Monster documentary to prove Nessie 'cou...
- The Brosno Dragon: The Loch Ness Monster's Evil Ru...
- PODCAST - The Loch Ness Monster Mystery
- BOOK - Loch Ness Monster (Solving Mysteries with S...
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Now, we are doing the same for the BHM Study Group, curated by Glen Vaudrey and Nathan Jackson
There are so many of them now that we feel that they should be archived by us in some way, so we are publishing a regular round-up of the stories as they come in.
- INDIA: Dead leopard procession
- INDIA: Elusive leopard
- SRI LANKA: Leopards snared
- INDIA: Leopard spotted near Hyderabad agriculture university again
- INDIA: Tiger rescued from farmer
- INDIA: Tigress on highway
- INDIA: Tiger attack in Sunderbans
Despite the fact that I’ve had an iPad for something like seven years, today was the first day that I actually did the vast majority of my digital chores sitting in the comfort of my armchair. And you know what? It was a very comfortable experience, and I think I should be doing this more often. Sitting in my wheelchair in the office is a little isolating, and whilst my beloved wife is in the hospital, if I am in the office, nobody is there to keep an eye on what havoc is being wreaked by Archie and the cats. Welcome to the future!
I never really knew what it meant, but keep on trucking!
Like so much else in our uncertain world, you might have thought that the new Gonzo Web Radio website was never going to arrive. Well, there were times that I felt the same way. However, I’m happy to say that a beta version of it is now available for your perusal. It is even optimised to work on both computers and phones. Check it out at the address above, and let me know what you think in the comments.
The eagle-eyed amongst you will probably have noticed that the Gonzo Multimedia websites have changed and are in a process of flux, so there are no individual sales links at the moment. But check out www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk for a thing of wonder. The Gonzo Books site is now pretty well done, although there are still nine authors who need personal pages. You can find it ay www.gonzopublishers.com and there is also a new CFZ Publcations website at https://baboon.wixsite.com/website then tell me what a clever fellow I am. It even has a haiku to explain why some links are not finished:
"These links do not work,
now but they will do so soon,
YER EDITOR SEZ: THE DIGITAL PRAYER FLAG
You guys have been doing massive amounts of praying for Corinna. I believe that the outpouring of good vibes transmitted electronically, being a little like a Tibetan prayer flag. Find out more:
LEONARD COHEN INTERVIEW
THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem
CAPTAiN BEEFHEART: En passant
FRANK ZAPPA EN PASSANT
GONZO TRACK OF THE DAY: Trevor Rabin - Anerley Ro...
AND OTHER STUFF FEATURING VARIOUS GONZO CONTRIBUTORS:
Our webTV show:
And if you fancy supporting it on Patreon:
And by the way chaps and chappesses, a trip to the Jon Downes megastore may seem to be in order:
Meanwhile I continue to pretend that I am a popstar, because now I have sold eleven whole copies of my new album Coldharbour. If I continue at this rate I will get a silver disc sometime at the beginning of the next millenium. Coldharbour, by the way, can be found here: https://jondownes1.bandcamp.com/releases
I think it is really rather good, but then again I would say that wouldn't I?
AND THE LATEST ISSUE OF THE GONZO MAGAZINE:
Gonzo Weekly #389/90
THE RUSSIAN ABOUT ISSUE
In yet another singularly non-standard issue for singularly non-standard times Kev Rowland meets Daria Kulesh, Alan meets an artist cqalled Pip Pickles, Jon explores the Trigan Empire, Alan collates covid-19 stories from around the world and Mad Iccy has a little chat with the legendary Richard Dudanski, the man whom Jpe Strummer dubbed 'Snakehips', famous from stints in PiL and the 101ers.. And is there more? You can bet your arse there is...
And there are radio shows from Mack Maloney and Friday Night Progressive, AND Merrell Fankhauser, but no sign of Strange Fruit this week, there is a column from Kev Rowland, although C J Stone, Mr Biffo, Neil Nixon and Roy Weard, are on hiatus. There is also a collection of more news, reviews, views, interviews and antichinuses who have lost their shoes (OK, nothing to do with tiny marsupials who are searching for their footwear, but I got carried away with things that rhymed with OOOOS) than you can shake a stick at. And the best part is IT's ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
This issue features:
The Trigan Empire, Devendra Banhart, Marc Bolan, Jethro Tull, Bart Lancia, Steve Hackett, Chris Squire, Grimes, Elon Musk, Brian May, Bob Geldof, Iggy Pop, Elton John, Alan Dearling, Covid Connections Part 3, Fiona Earle, Sam Wilkinson, Friday Night Progressive, The Merrell Fankhauser Show - Rockin and Surfin And Merrell Interview!, Mack Maloney's Mystery Hour, Robert "Bobby Digital" Dixon, Klaus Selmke, Wilbur James Cobb, Saturn, Mory Kanté, Steven “Thee Slayer Hippy” Hanford, William "Bucky" Baxter, Leonard Niehaus, Carlos César Sánchez Hernández, Robert J. Kulick, Brendan Bowyer, Evaldo Gouveia de Oliveira, Donald Arthur Albert Weller, John Amutabi Nzenze, Robert Northern, Joey Image (born Joey Poole), Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek, Rick Wakeman, The Fall, The Mitchell Trio inc John Denver, Barrie Guard & David Cunningham, Dave Bainbridge, Eliza Carthy, Bad News, Icarus Ruoff, Richard Nother aka Richard ‘Snakehips’ Dudanski, Kev Rowland, Daria Kulesh, Pip Pickles, Tony Klinger, “Oh.” (Olivia Hadjiioannou), Arrowbridge, Cast the Stone, Clif Magness, Cronaxia, De Profundis, Martin Springett, Thom the World Poet
..And the last few issues are:
Issue 393-4 (Daria Kulesh)
Issue 391-2 (Little Richard)
Issue 389-90 (Ian Anderson)
Issue 387-8 (A Guy called Gerald)
Issue 385-6 (Tony Henderson)
Issue 383-4 (London Remixed)
">Issue 381-2 (Greta)
Issue 379-80 (Andrew Weatherall)
Issue 377-8 (The Future)
Issue 375-6 (Big Sean)
Issue 373-4 (End of the World)
Issue 371-2 (New Year)
Issue 369-70 (Christmas)
Issue 367-8 (Register to Vote)
Issue 365-6 (Rick Wakeman)
Issue 363-4 (Focus)
Issue 361-2 (Martin Springett)
Issue 359-60 (Robert Hunter)
All issues from #70 can be downloaded at www.gonzoweekly.com if you prefer. If you have problems downloading, just email me and I will add you to the Gonzo Weekly dropbox. The first 69 issues are archived there as well. Information is power chaps, we have to share it!
You can download the magazine in pdf form HERE:
SPECIAL NOTICE: If you, too, want to unleash the power of your inner rock journalist, and want to join a rapidly growing band of likewise minded weirdos please email me at email@example.com The more the merrier really.
* The Gonzo Daily is a two way process. If you have any news or want to write for us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an artist and want to showcase your work, or even just say hello please write to me at email@example.com. Please copy, paste and spread the word about this magazine as widely as possible. We need people to read us in order to grow, and as soon as it is viable we shall be invading more traditional magaziney areas. Join in the fun, spread the word, and maybe if we all chant loud enough we CAN stop it raining. See you tomorrow...
* The Gonzo Daily is - as the name implies - a daily online magazine (mostly) about artists connected to the Gonzo Multimedia group of companies. But it also has other stuff as and when the editor feels like it. The same team also do a weekly newsletter called - imaginatively - The Gonzo Weekly. Find out about it at this link: www.gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk
* We should probably mention here, that some of our posts are links to things we have found on the internet that we think are of interest. We are not responsible for spelling or factual errors in other people's websites. Honest guv!
* Jon Downes, the Editor of all these ventures (and several others) is an old hippy of 60 who - together with a Jack Russell called Archie, an infantile orange cat named after a song by Frank Zappa, three other cats, one totally coincidentally named after one of the Manson Family, purely because she squeaks, puts it all together from a converted potato shed in a tumbledown cottage deep in rural Devon which he shares with various fish. He is ably assisted by his lovely wife Corinna and a motley collection of social malcontents. Plus.. did we mention Archie and the Cats?
ON THIS DAY IN - 1346 - Charles IV of Luxembourg was elected Holy Roman Emperor in Germany.
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
AND TO WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK... (Music that may have some relevance to items also on this page, or may just reflect my mood on the day)