What has Corinna's column of Fortean bird news got to do with cryptozoology?
Well, everything, actually!
In an article for the first edition of Cryptozoology Bernard Heuvelmans wrote that cryptozoology is the study of 'unexpected animals' and following on from that perfectly reasonable assertion, it seems to us that whereas the study of out-of-place birds may not have the glamour of the hunt for bigfoot or lake monsters, it is still a perfectly valid area for the Fortean zoologist to be interested in.
Monday, December 19, 2016
ANDREW MAY: Words from the Wild Frontier
- CHRISTMAS BIGFOOT
- CHRISTMAS MONSTERS
- NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED
- WHY DO CATS PURR?
- BIGFOOT SCARES WOODCUTTERS
- BARCELONA HUMANOID ENCOUNTER
- BIZARRE HUMANOID IN CUBA
- WANT TO HUNT FOR BIGFOOT?
- ON THIS DAY IN WEIRD
- THE NUTCRACKER AT CHRISTMAS (see picture above)
- WHO WAS KNECHT RUPRECHT?
- GOOD SPIRITS
- BOOK ON THE ALMAS
- INDIAN OCEAN: NEW SPECIES FOUND
- GIANT SPIDERS OF MISSOURI
- TEXAS MYSTERY CAT
- IS THERE A FLYING CHUPACABRAS?
- BIGFOOT THE HUNTER
- BEAST OF BRAY ROAD
- NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED - SIX OF THEM
- WAS BIGFOOT IN A LAKE?
- ON THIS DAY IN WEIRD
- VAMPIRE BEAST
- MARRIAGE TO A FAIRY
- BIGFOOT IN CONNECTICUT
- HUMANOIDS IN SILVER SUITS
- LOCH NESS MONSTER IN THIS CENTURY
- GHOST SHARK CAUGHT ON CAMERA
- BIGFOOT ON PORCH
- BIGFOOT IN PENNSYLVANIA?
- CHUPACABRA IN CUBA
- SCIENCE OF FANTASTIC BEASTS
- ON THIS DAY IN WEIRD
THE GONZO BLOG DOO-DAH MAN SOLDIERS ON
The Gonzo Daily: Monday/Tuesday
And how one's past comes back to haunt one. Except, that when most people write something like that they mean that something nasty has happened. But twice in the span of 24 hours faces from my past have re-emerged to give me a pleasant surprise. Yesterday I was contacted on Facebook by an old mate whom I hgadn't seen regularly for 25 years, and only once - almost by accident - since. And then, today. The bloke from British Telecom comes to sort out my broadband, and it turns out to be an old mate from school that I haven't seen for forty years or so!
Now for those of you worrying, we still, haven't got broadband and are therefore piggybacking on Graham's. The bumper Yuletide issue of Gonzo magazine is well underway and will be out later today or tomorrow. Honest guv!
And here is the news:
Captain Beefheart Full Documentary
Dweezil Zappa Teaches Frank Zappa's Improvisation ...
THE GONZO TRACK OF THE DAY: Atomic Rooster - Devil...
THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem
YULETIDE PUBLISHING SCHEDULE FOR THE MAGAZINE - Th...
Gonzo Magazine #212
In this poignant issue we say goodbye to the legendary Greg Lake, Doug goes to see Roger Hodgson, Alan enthuses about Black Angel Drifter and Martin Craft, John goes to see Freaks at the V&A, and Jon reads about Keith Moon and waxes lyrical about the Rolling Stones.Strange Days Indeed (Most Peculiar Mama)
And there are radio shows from Strange Fruit, Mack Maloney, and Friday Night Progressive is down for technical reasons beyond our control. We also have columns from all sorts of folk including Roy Weard, Mr Biffo, Neil Nixon and the irrepressible Corinna. There is also a collection of more news, reviews, views, interviews and pademelons outside zoos(OK, nothing to do with small marsupials who have escaped from captivity, but I got carried away with things that rhymed with OOOOS) than you can shake a stick at. And the best part is IT's ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
This issue features:
The Rolling Stones, Ken Worthington, John Shuttleworth, Buzz Aldrin, Squeeze, Elton John, Prince, Rod Stewart, Strange Fruit, Friday Night Progressive, Mack Maloney, Martin Stone, Gregory Stuart "Greg" Lake, Tyruss Himes, Herbert Hardesty, Micky Fitz, Wayne Duncan, John Herschel Glenn Jr., Peter Vaughan, Spirits Burning and Clearlight, Vangelis, Al Atkins, Atomic Rooster, Rick Wakeman, Martin Stephenson and The Daintees, Archie Fisher & Barbara Dickson, Billy James, Erik Norlander, Alan Dearling, Pink Fairies, Roger Hodgson, Black Angel Drifter, Morton Valence, John Brodie-Good, V & A Museum, Psychedelia, The Roundhouse, Live Dead 69, Martin Craft, Mr Biffo, Roy Weard, Hawkwind, Martin Springett, Keith Moon, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Jim Morrison, Michael Jackson, Coldplay, Neil Nixon, Comets on Fire
Read the previous few issues of Gonzo Weekly:
Issue 211 (Phil Collins)
Issue 210 (Nico)
Issue 209 (Pink Fairies)
Issue 208 (Leonard Cohen)
Issue 207 (Tibet)
Issue 206 (Raz)
Issue 205 (Pink Fairies)
Issue 204 (Gas Tank)
Issue 203 (The Gardening Club)
Issue 202 (Gong)
Issue 201 (Auld Man's Baccie)
Issue 200 (Deep Purple)
Issue 199 (Yes)
Issue 198 (Steve Ignorant)
Issue 197 (Gilli Smyth)
Issue 196 (Paul May)
Issue 195 (Dave Brock)
Issue 194 (Auburn)
Issue 193 (Genre Peak)
Issue 192 (Rick Wakeman and Brian May)
Issue 191 (Karnataka)
Issue 190 (Erik Norlander)
Issue 189 (Rick Wakeman at the O2)
Issue 187/8 (Yer holiday special)
Issue 186 (Beatles)
Issue 185 (Judge Smith)
Issue 184 (Mick Abrahams)
All issues from #70 can be downloaded at www.gonzoweekly.com if you prefer. If you have problems downloading, just email me and I will add you to the Gonzo Weekly dropbox. The first 69 issues are archived there as well. Information is power chaps, we have to share it!
You can download the magazine in pdf form HERE:
SPECIAL NOTICE: If you, too, want to unleash the power of your inner rock journalist, and want to join a rapidly growing band of likewise minded weirdos please email me at email@example.com The more the merrier really.
* The Gonzo Daily is a two way process. If you have any news or want to write for us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an artist and want to showcase your work, or even just say hello please write to me at email@example.com. Please copy, paste and spread the word about this magazine as widely as possible. We need people to read us in order to grow, and as soon as it is viable we shall be invading more traditional magaziney areas. Join in the fun, spread the word, and maybe if we all chant loud enough we CAN stop it raining. See you tomorrow...
* The Gonzo Daily is - as the name implies - a daily online magazine (mostly) about artists connected to the Gonzo Multimedia group of companies. But it also has other stuff as and when the editor feels like it. The same team also do a weekly newsletter called - imaginatively - The Gonzo Weekly. Find out about it at this link: www.gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk
* We should probably mention here, that some of our posts are links to things we have found on the internet that we think are of interest. We are not responsible for spelling or factual errors in other people's websites. Honest guv!
* Jon Downes, the Editor of all these ventures (and several others) is an old hippy of 57 who - together with a Jack Russell called Archie, an infantile orange cat named after a song by Frank Zappa, and two half grown kittens, one totally coincidentally named after one of the Manson Family, purely because she squeaks, puts it all together from a converted potato shed in a tumbledown cottage deep in rural Devon which he shares with various fish. He is ably assisted by his lovely wife Corinna, his bulldog/boxer Prudence, his elderly mother-in-law, and a motley collection of social malcontents. Plus.. did we mention Archie and the Cats?
Posted by Jon Downes at 3:13 PM No comments:
CFZ PEOPLE: Congratulations Dr Blake
Posted by Jon Downes at 1:57 PM No comments:
Labels: cfz people, max blake
BIGFOOT NEWS IN BRIEF:
Bigfoot UFO Connection UFO landing on Presque Isle [FULL VIDEO]
The Bigfoot and UFO connection. Some Bigfoot and UFO sightings occur simultaneously. Bigfoot and UFO reports are worldwide. Bigfoot and UFO ...
Virtual Bigfoot Hunt - Lots of Action
Ok guys its time for another virtual hunt. What do you do? You get something to drink you sit back and you watch. This day was a active day and there ...
Excellent first Zabo! It's the highest accolade one can achieve here - well, except for proving Bigfoot exists of course (like that's going to happen).
Bigfoot Tries To Get In Man's Tent
Nate camped out and was surrounded by Sasquatch in Ohio. This Bigfoot seemed to not be afraid of humans. The Grassman also may have used infra ...
Three different women have three different bigfoot sightings in three different areas of Del Norte, California. Coincidence?
Join the hunt for Bigfoot with law enforcement officer who has devoted 33 years to search for ...
I am in the company of Michael Thompson, a law enforcement officer who has spent 33 years on the trail of Bigfoot – or Sasquatch, to give the ...
Looking For Bigfoot In The Sulphur River Bottoms
I make some observations and theorize a bit about Bigfoot as a scavenger, as well as determining why the river is such a good source for sightings.
Is There A Hunter Over There?
Things get weird for the Trail To Bigfoot team as they blaze a path through the thick vegetation when one of them hears a trumpet sound coming from ...
The Sisimite, Mexico's Jungle-Dwelling Bigfoot
Does Mexico have its own version of Bigfoot? The answer is, "Yes."
Is Big Foot in the Hudson Valley?
This video popped up in my Youtube research today and now I think I'm ready to go on a hunt for the Hudson Valley Big foot.
Posted by Jon Downes at 4:30 AM No comments:
NEWS FROM NOWHERE - Monday/Tuesday
ON THIS DAY IN - 1192 Richard the Lionhearted captured in Vienna
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
Ancient Marsupial Relative May Have Eaten Little D...
Santa's Reindeer Feel the Heat as Numbers Shrink W...
Iguanas partner with the plants of the Galápagos I...
Scientist pioneers novel ways to study endangered ...
Why can't monkeys speak? Vocal anatomy is no
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
AND TO WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK... (Music that may have some relevance to items also on this page, or may just reflect my mood on the day.)
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:30 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)