Tuesday, July 17, 2012
I'M YER GONZO BLOG DOO-DAH MAN
Rick Wakeman is a massively talented fellow, but I had no idea that his career has included a stint interviewing rock and roll types. Yesterday whilst looking for information about Chinese water beetles I found this rather interesting video, in which Rick Wakeman interviews Judas Priest.
I always like to come across enthusiasts, and this review that I stumbled across yesterday afternoon is certainly enthusiastic. The person who wrote it comes across as a very sincere fan of this remarkably groovy band. That is good, 'cos so am I.
As I may have mentioned once or twice, Michael Des Barres has a new album out (and it is really jolly good). And to promote it, he is doing interviews left, right and centre. I am doing my best to keep up but it is not an easy task.
For no other reason than the fact that he makes me laugh, today we are paying another visit to the world of the 9 Henrys and the incomparable Peter McAdam, who I honestly think is one of the funniest people with whom I have ever had dealings.
This morning I was sent the Jefferson Starship mid-year report, and it is so jam packed with good stuff that I really could not resist reposting it in its entirety. So here it is (and yes, JS fans, they are playing in the UK later this year)
Just as I was putting the finishing touches to today's Gonzo Daily, the Gonmzo grande fromage sent me this, with the instructions that I MUST post it. Having looked at it, IO can see why. As one commentator notes: "John Lennon, the most progressive of The Beatles, would have been delighted ... a real adventure on the borderlines between pop and jazz."
And that is it for today. Ta-ra!
OLL LEWIS: Yesterday's News Today
On this day in 1925 Adolph Hitler's Mein Kampf was first published. The book set out Hitler's and the Nazi party's ideology leading to one of the greatest organised slaughters of civilians ever seen. Nazi concentration camps were responsible for the deaths by exhaustion, malnutrition, disease and mass murder of millions of disabled people, people with hereditary genetic problems, homosexuals, Jews and political opponents of the Nazis. Or if you were lucky you might avoid the camps and just end up sterilised instead. Hitler and his cronies were perhaps the most evil people to have ever lived and like most people with warped morals they tried to justify their actions to make them seem acceptable, to this end top Nazis actually invented a cult religion for themselves involving magical ceremonies and collecting powerful artefacts from other religions, like the spear of destiny, in a retarded attempt to give themselves some legitimacy.
And now the news:
- Britain's urban rivers bounce back
- Climate Change Could Melt Wolverines' Snowy 'Refri...
- Giant, Round Prehistoric Turtle Discovered
- How to Make Global Fisheries Worth Five Times More...
- UPDATE: Ashland Police Give Warnings After Bobcat ...
- Early Human Ancestor, Australopithecus Sediba, Fos...
- Rare pigeon disease vaccine offered for ACT birds
- 10 million kilos of shark fin imported into Hong K...
- High Court rules that badger cull can go ahead
- Lemurs sliding towards extinction
- How the Conservation Plan for the Dunes Sagebrush ...
- Deputy captures alligator outside Orleans Parish h...
- UK butterflies suffering from wet weather - Attenb...
- 2-faced kitten dies in RI; had 4 eyes, 24 toes
- Rare spoon-billed sandpipers hatch in UK for first...
- Rare Sight: Black Bear Photographed at Grand Canyo...
- Palawan police foil smuggling of 50 giant sea turt...
- Hive in the Sky Gives Bees Urban Dwelling
The truth behind the Nazi's, as told by Walt Disney:
THE WHALE-FISH OF LAKE MYLLESJÖN
GOOD LUCK MAX
See you in September dear boy.
KARL SHUKER: BE A CLOWN, BE A CLOWN, BE A CLOWN!