On this day in 2003 the largest hailstone ever recorded, with a circumference of over 47.5cm, fell in Nebraska in the United States of America.
And now the news:
- Forget planes, now it's snakes on a bus
- Dog herds tigers
- Man Rescued at Sea After Boat Hit by Whale
- Mammoth graveyard uncovered in Serbia
- Australia creates world's biggest marine park
- Where to see Glow worms in the UK
- Feral cats a problem for rare ground parrot
- Police called to expel bear from vandalizing high ...
- Squid ‘spermatophores’ get stuck in diner’s mouth
- Orca sighted just metres from Scottish coast
- Cat mutilations likely work of coyote: BCSPCA
- Lufkin man puts 'Bigfoot hair' up for sale
Now this is some serious hail: