WELCOME TO THE CFZ BLOG NETWORK: COME AND JOIN THE FUN

Half a century ago, Belgian Zoologist Bernard Heuvelmans first codified cryptozoology in his book On the Track of Unknown Animals.

The Centre for Fortean Zoology (CFZ) are still on the track, and have been since 1992. But as if chasing unknown animals wasn't enough, we are involved in education, conservation, and good old-fashioned natural history! We already have three journals, the largest cryptozoological publishing house in the world, CFZtv, and the largest cryptozoological conference in the English-speaking world, but in January 2009 someone suggested that we started a daily online magazine! The CFZ bloggo is a collaborative effort by a coalition of members, friends, and supporters of the CFZ, and covers all the subjects with which we deal, with a smattering of music, high strangeness and surreal humour to make up the mix.

It is edited by CFZ Director Jon Downes, and subbed by the lovely Lizzy Bitakara'mire (formerly Clancy), scourge of improper syntax. The daily newsblog is edited by Corinna Downes, head administratrix of the CFZ, and the indexing is done by Lee Canty and Kathy Imbriani. There is regular news from the CFZ Mystery Cat study group, and regular fortean bird news from 'The Watcher of the Skies'. Regular bloggers include Dr Karl Shuker, Dale Drinnon, Richard Muirhead and Richard Freeman.The CFZ bloggo is updated daily, and there's nothing quite like it anywhere else. Come and join us...

Search This Blog

WATCH OUR WEEKLY WEBtv SHOW

SUPPORT OTT ON PATREON

SUPPORT OTT ON PATREON
Click on this logo to find out more about helping CFZtv and getting some smashing rewards...

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER



Unlike some of our competitors we are not going to try and blackmail you into donating by saying that we won't continue if you don't. That would just be vulgar, but our lives, and those of the animals which we look after, would be a damn sight easier if we receive more donations to our fighting fund. Donate via Paypal today...




Saturday, June 30, 2012

I'M YER GONZO BLOG DOO-DAH MAN


It's sunday, so again its time
to do the Gonzo blog in rhyme,
and Scoop-it is playing up you see,
I'm inputting stuff manually,
the links won't be as cool and swish
as I (the editor) would wish,
but there are still stories here for you,
and this work-around will have to do
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/07/technical-hitch.html


My computer is playing up to,
and I'm not quite sure what to do,
or what the error message means
God, I bloody hate machines!

I promised Michael De Barres,
that if he travels reasonably far,
and faced a journey that was frantic,
deciding to fly cross The Atlantic,
to visit us, he can have cake
so here's a pic for goodness sake
of my missus and Ma-in-law
offering Lord Des Barres some more

The cake is delicious, satisfying and sweet
quite a bit like the CD of Carnaby Street
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-did-promise-that-my-lovely-wife-would.html

Paul Kantner's intrepid crew,
(that's Jefferson Starship to me and you)
have got a set of four CDs
about some distant galaxies
recorded in New Mexico
at the Roswell Festival don't you know,
expect stuff about Flying Saucers,
and lyrics just as good as Chaucer's
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/link-jefferson-starship-anniversary.html

Peter McAdam is a funny guy,
but I have to admit that I don't know why
his book is really worth your money,
'cos its so insanely funny

9 Henrys inhabit a universe,
where the drawings are crude and the puns are worse,
but its clever and literate intelligent stuff
and bloody hell it makes me laugh
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/nine-henrys-book-launch.html

Nik Turner plays a damn fine sax,
and in an interview packed full of facts,
he looks back at the time he grinned,
co-founding a band called Hawkwind.
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/link-nik-turner-interview-about.html

And Graham found this awesome vid
of an obscure German band who did
some busking (what intrepid boys)
with a song that sounds a bit like Neu's

and I think despite having reached the page,
of my life when I'm a certain page
the fact that stuff like this still moves me
means that I'm probably still slightly groovy
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/now-thats-what-i-call-busking.html

And I don't regret the time I spend on
finding things to rhyme with 'Lenten',
cos of all the people in this biz
one of my favourites is our Liz,
her 'Indian Summer' album's great
I've played it quite a lot of late
and I've sat down with my cat and dog
perusing her back catalogue.

and its always fun to see what new
links that I can come up for you
Sometimes it is an interview,
but this week its a great review
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/link-auburn-review.html

And finally Yowsa Yowsa Yowsa,
I got a note from Merrell Fankhauser,
(yes, I know that rhyme was slightly forced,
but its just about par for the course)

His surf guitar playing is best,
and he's playing the Monterey Fest,
and making a documentary which,
has people from Hendrix's Rainbow Bridge.
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/merrell-fankhauser-writes.html

And my inspiration's getting weak,
so that's about it from this blogging freak,
so, unless we get a chance to speak,
I'll be back again with rhymes next week.

No comments: