We were the only cryptopundits who picked up on the story, and over the next week we became involved in a dialogue with Greg and Mike. We must have done something right because, even though we disagreed with their conclusions extrapolated from the data that they sent us, they asked us to make their data available through the CFZ bloggo and allow the cryptozoological community at large to view their data and make their minds up.
We have the highest respect for Greg and Mike, we simply don't agree with them, that's all, and would love to be proved wrong.
For those of you who are latecomers to the saga, here are links to some of the earlier parts...
1. The original story printed by us
2. The plot thickens
3. South American newspapers which claim a titanic snake trashed a woman's house
4. Greg Warner asks Dr Chris Clark a question
5. Dale Drinnon comments
6. We finally release the pictures
7. We try to smooth over the rift with Andre Issi