Wednesday, February 21, 2018
What has Corinna's column of Fortean bird news got to do with cryptozoology?
Well, everything, actually!
In an article for the first edition of Cryptozoology Bernard Heuvelmans wrote that cryptozoology is the study of 'unexpected animals' and following on from that perfectly reasonable assertion, it seems to us that whereas the study of out-of-place birds may not have the glamour of the hunt for bigfoot or lake monsters, it is still a perfectly valid area for the Fortean zoologist to be interested in.
Posted by Jon Downes at 6:11 PM
The Gonzo Daily: Wednesday
For those of you interested in such things, the new episode of OTT came out yesterday, and today we start work on next month's episode. I still feel ropey, sop I am afraid you will not get much from me in the way of deathless prose today.
Forgive me for always banging on about our webTV show, but it matters a lot to me, and I would be grateful for as many people as possible to see it, and spread the tidings of it far and wide:
And if you fancy supporting us on Patreon:
But for now, here is the news:
THE GONZO TRACK OF THE DAY: Rachmaninoff - Piano ...
THOM THE WORLD POET: The Daily Poem
IAIN MATTHEWS IN THE NEWS
BILLION $ BABIES LIVE REVIEW
WAKEMAN, Rick - Crimes of Passion (OST) - Belgian ...
On The Track (of Unknown Animals) Ep. 88 (Mysterio...
Gonzo Weekly #274
THE MY PEOPLE WERE FAIR AND HAD STARS IN THEIR WASSNAMES ISSUE
In this awesomely groovy issue, Jeremy critiques the new biography of the legendary Steve Peregrin Took, once of T Tex, and later of Shagrat, but always of Ladbroke Grove, Richard eulogises the Maya Youssef Trio, Doug goes to see Andreas Vollenweider, Alan gets the blues revival, Biffo gets a series, and Jon gets all hippylike.
And there are radio shows from Strange Fruit, AND Friday Night Progressive, AND Mack Maloney. TheRE ARE columns from all sorts of folk including Neil Nixon, Roy Weard, C J Stone, Mr Biffo AND the irrepressible Corinna. There is also a collection of more news, reviews, views, interviews and southern dibblers who have gone for a snooze (OK, nothing to do with small marsupials who have probably got hangovers and have decided to have a little rest, but I got carried away with things that rhymed with OOOOS) than you can shake a stick at. And the best part is IT's ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
This issue features:
Tony Klinger, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Metallica, Prince, Yes, Mark E. Smith, Strange Fruit, Friday Night Progressive, Mack Maloney's Mystery Hour, Daryle Bruce Singletary, Vic Damone, Thomas Dale "Tom" Rapp, Troy A.Blakely, Craig MacGregor, Algia Mae Hinton, Kevin Smith (Lovebug Sarski, Paul Torpey, Michael White, Scott Boyer, Barbara Dickson, Jessica Lee Morgan, Rick akeman, Billion Dollar Babies, Tangerine Dream, Jeremy Smith, Steve Peregrin Took, Fee Warner, Doug Harr, Andreas Vollenweider, Alan Dearling, Bluetouch Live.com, Brent Hutchinson Band, Chicago 9, The Herbz, Richard Foreman, Maya Youssef Trio, Kev Rowland, L.A. Guns, Laura Ainsworth, Lyn Stanley, Mark "Porkchop" Holder, NE Obliviscaris, Nimrod B.C., Omotai, The Oxford Trauma, Panzer, Mr. Biffo, Roy Weard, Hawkwind, Jon Downes, The Wild Colonial Boy, Pink Floyd, Peter Frampton, The Herd, Mick Fleetwood, Beatles, Martin Springett, Neil Nixon, The Fireside Theatre
And the last few issues are:
Issue 273 (Live Dead 69)
Issue 272 (George Butler)
Issue 271 (Mark E Smith)
Issue 270 (Eric Clapton)
Issue 269 (Narnia)
Issue 267-8 (Happy New Year)
Issue 265-6 (The Who)
Issue 264 (John McLaughlin)
Issue 263 (The magic Band)
Issue 262 (DikMik)
Issue 261 (Leonard Cohen)
Issue 260 (Amsterdam Squat Festie)
Issue 259 (Out come thee Freaks)
Issue 258 (The Devil's Jukebox)
Issue 257 (Judge Smith)
Issue 255/6 (John Lennon)
Issue 254 (Mr Biffo)
Issue 253 (Dana Gillespie)
Issue 252 (Cropredy)
Issue 251 (Scott Walker)
Issue 250 (Jamms)
Issue 249 (Bill Bruford)
Issue 248 (The Selecter)
Issue 247 (Don Airey)
Issue 246 (Steve Hackett)
Issue 244-5 (Summer Special)
All issues from #70 can be downloaded at www.gonzoweekly.com if you prefer. If you have problems downloading, just email me and I will add you to the Gonzo Weekly dropbox. The first 69 issues are archived there as well. Information is power chaps, we have to share it!
You can download the magazine in pdf form HERE:
SPECIAL NOTICE: If you, too, want to unleash the power of your inner rock journalist, and want to join a rapidly growing band of likewise minded weirdos please email me at email@example.com The more the merrier really.
* The Gonzo Daily is a two way process. If you have any news or want to write for us, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an artist and want to showcase your work, or even just say hello please write to me at email@example.com. Please copy, paste and spread the word about this magazine as widely as possible. We need people to read us in order to grow, and as soon as it is viable we shall be invading more traditional magaziney areas. Join in the fun, spread the word, and maybe if we all chant loud enough we CAN stop it raining. See you tomorrow...
* The Gonzo Daily is - as the name implies - a daily online magazine (mostly) about artists connected to the Gonzo Multimedia group of companies. But it also has other stuff as and when the editor feels like it. The same team also do a weekly newsletter called - imaginatively - The Gonzo Weekly. Find out about it at this link: www.gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk
* We should probably mention here, that some of our posts are links to things we have found on the internet that we think are of interest. We are not responsible for spelling or factual errors in other people's websites. Honest guv!
* Jon Downes, the Editor of all these ventures (and several others) is an old hippy of 58 who - together with a Jack Russell called Archie, an infantile orange cat named after a song by Frank Zappa, and two half grown kittens, one totally coincidentally named after one of the Manson Family, purely because she squeaks, puts it all together from a converted potato shed in a tumbledown cottage deep in rural Devon which he shares with various fish. He is ably assisted by his lovely wife Corinna, his bulldog/boxer Prudence, his elderly mother-in-law, and a motley collection of social malcontents. Plus.. did we mention Archie and the Cats?
Posted by Jon Downes at 6:09 PM
- NGUOI RUNG - WILDMAN
- MYSTERY BIG BIRDS IN ALASKA
- GARGOYLE SIGHTINGS
- DO DOGMEN EXIST?
- WOLF POPULATION TO BE LET GROW
- BIGFOOT IN GEORGIA
- WISCONSIN BAT-WINGED HUMANOID
- HASTINGS BIGFOOT CONVENTION
- ARE THERE BLACK PANTHERS IN PENNSYLVANIA?
- YELLOW-EYED "THING"
- MAN WHO WAS RESCUED BY WOLVES
- MONSTERS OF AMERICA
- GEORGE WASHINGTON AND THE PARANORMAL
- BIGFOOT URINATES ON TENT
- THE PLANT-ANIMAL
- BIGFOOT CAPITAL OF TEXAS
- HOW DO UFOs FLY?
- MYSTERY LIGHTS OF AMERICA
- LITTLE PEOPLE OF THE SHOSHONE
- DRAGONS IN THE CARIBBEAN
- BIGFOOT AND OOBE EXPERIENCE
- THE GROWL AT HALEWOOD
- FIVE BIGFOOT SIGHTINGS
- SNAILS AND LOVE FORECAST
- WAS WRITER ABDUCTED?
- TRAILING BIGFOOT - WITH MATH
- THE FAIRIES OF STOWMARKET
- VAN METER CREATURE
- DOGMAN IN ONTARIO
- BIGFOOT IN ONTARIO
- HIBAGON - A JAPANESE CRYPTID SIMIAN
- WAS THIS A TIMESLIP?
- BIGFOOT IS WATCHING
- EDUCATIONAL HUNT FOR BIGFOOT
- WHAT CREATURES LURK BENEATH THE ANTARCTIC?
- DOES THE TANIWHA EXIST?
- PHAYA NAGA - CREATURE OF THE MEKONG
- MONKEY-MAN OF DELHI
- HUMAN-ANIMAL TELEPATHY
- BIGFOOT IN MISSOURI
- DOGMAN IN CAVE
- 18 NEW SPIDERS DISCOVERED IN MADAGASCAR
- BIGFOOT CALLING CONTEST
- MARIETTA BEAST
- IS THIS AN ALIEN CREATURE?
- WAS THIS CREATURE A BIGFOOT?
- BIGFOOT ON TRAIL CAMERA
- LIZARD MEN - FRIGHTENING BEINGS
- BATSQUATCH - BIZARRE CREATURE
- STRANGE EXPERIENCES INCLUDING SKINWALKERS
- STATE AGENCIES FACE LAWSUIT OVER BIGFOOT
- JONATHAN DOWNES ON ORANG PENDEK
- NEW DINOSAUR SPECIES DISCOVERED
- MOOSE-HORSE HYBRID
- COTTAGE BIGFOOT PHOTOS
- IRISH BIGFOOT VIDEO FOOTAGE
- AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE FACING EXTINCTION
- DID CAR HIT BIGFOOT?
- IS THIS A JUVENILE MOTHMAN?
- WHAT IF BIGFOOT PROWLS NEBRASKA?
- SEA-LEVEL 2100
- MANTICORE - LEGENDARY BEAST
- NORTH CAROLINA'S BIGFOOT
- BIGFOOT OF OKLAHOMA
- GIANT SNAKES
- MERMAID SEEN IN 1910
- WINGED HUMANOID IN CHICAGO
- WHERE MIGHT I FIND BIGFOOT?
- CHIMPANZEE STUDY AND HUMAN GENDER ISSUES
- FRESHWATER OCTOPUS
- CRYPTIDS ATTACKING HUMANS
- ALBANIAN LAKE MONSTER
- WHITE THINGS
- ATTACK BY BIGFOOT
- PRINTS OF THE SKUNK APE
- ARISTEAS OF PROCONNESUS
- IS THIS GENUINE UFO FOOTAGE?
- FOSSILS SHOW HOMO SAPIENS OLDER THAN THOUGHT
- VEGETABLE MAN
- NEWS REPORTS OF ALIENS
- TROLL IN NAMIBIA
- PAKISTAN'S LEGENDARY BEAR
- SEARCHING FOR CHAMP
- BEAR OR BIGFOOT?
- ANIMAL CARE - PREHISTORIC
- SURROUNDED BY BIGFOOT
- BIGFOOT IN CALIFORNIA
- FLYING CREATURE IN GEORGIA
- HASTINGS BIGFOOT CONFERENCE
- BIGFOOT IN SOUTH AFRICA
- GIANT SKELETONS OF FORT LOUDON
- CABRALITO - ARGENTINE LAKE MONSTER
- GRAY WILD DOG
- MORGAWR: CORNWALL'S SEA MONSTER
- MYTHICAL CREATURES
- BIGFOOT WITH TUSKS
- BIGFOOT MOTHER AND CHILD
- EARLY BRITONS WERE BLACK
- BEAST OF BLADENBORO
- BIGFOOT NOT STATE ANIMAL
Tassie Tiger: More Dog than Marsupial?
Surprisingly the digital scans revealed that when the Thylacine or Tassie Tiger is first born they looked like any other marsupial, however, three months later, when they had left the pouch their appearance is more similar to that of a puppy, continuing to grow with a dog-like appearance. The Tassie ...
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:50 PM
Bigfoot Conference leaves big imprint on attendees
“The Man Who Created Bigfoot” didn't disappoint those who came to hear him recall details of his famous encounter with “Patty” during the second annual Nebraska Bigfoot Conference Friday and Saturday at City Auditorium. Bob Gimlin charmed the hundreds of Bigfoot enthusiasts who greeted him with ...
Cliff Barackman talks Bigfoot sightings and evidence on AM
Cliff Barackman, Finding Bigfoot co-host. Barackman seems to talk with a confidence of an insider, Evidence, Finding Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Television, Videos. Source- http://cryptosightings. He talks about the reality of Oct 7, 2011 Here's a few accounts of Nguoi Rung sightings from American soldiers ...
'Bigfoot' spotted roaming woods before disappearing and 'ABANDONING offspring'
BIGFOOT has been filmed roaming through the wilderness with two youngsters, according to sensational claims. ... BIGFOOT? The video claims to have caught the mythical creature on camera. The footage was uploaded to YouTube channel Nv Tv on February 15 and has since received a huge ...
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:22 PM
ON THIS DAY IN - 1804 - The first self-propelled locomotive on rails was demonstrated in Wales.
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
There are more mammal species than we thought
Rewilding Reptiles to Eco-Engineer the Anthropocen...
Supreme Court Hops Into Case About a Frog (Dusky G...
Oldest human fossil outside Africa discovered in I...
Urban foxes and coyotes learn to set aside their d...
And now some more recent news from the CFZ Newsdesk
AND TO WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK... (Music that may have some relevance to items also on this page, or may just reflect my mood on the day)
Posted by Jon Downes at 12:30 AM