Over 20,000 of us stood together to say no to these risky plans - and last week the Maritime and Coastguard Agency threw them out. But the port are saying they’ll try again, so that’s where you come in. 
The port have been told they have to hold a public consultation before they do anything else. They may try and ignore the opposition to these risky oil transfers - but if more of us join the campaign right now, together we’ll be too loud for them to push aside.
If you agree that Britain’s natural beauty and amazing sea life shouldn’t be put at risk, sign the petition now. It takes less than a minute to add your name:
Right now the Port Authority will be licking their wounds and planning their next steps. They might be trying to figure out how they can hold a consultation and still get their way - despite the huge opposition.
38 Degrees members have joined up with local campaigners, Cromarty Rising, to make sure this kind of dangerous procedure is kept out of the Moray Firth. It can feel impossible to make a difference, but last week’s news shows that when we all come together and take a simple action, like signing a petition, we can have huge impact.
So please will you sign the petition today? Let’s make sure whatever schemes the port authority come up with next, they’ll be met with overwhelming public opposition at every step of the way.
Please sign the petition now:
Thanks for being involved,
Megan, Stewart, Robin, Becca & the 38 Degrees team
PS: Ship to ship transfers do already happen elsewhere in Scotland, but in more controlled environments, and even then there are lots of fears. Click here to help make sure the Moray Firth is kept safe from risk:
 The National: Warning oil plan could ‘wipe out’ eco tourism industry:
The Herald: Concern for dolphins in Cromarty oil transfers:
 The Herald: Oil transfer plan is scrapped, but port firm chiefs set to try again:
BBC: Moray Firth campaigners to fight oil transfer plan: