WELCOME TO THE CFZ BLOG NETWORK: COME AND JOIN THE FUN

Half a century ago, Belgian Zoologist Bernard Heuvelmans first codified cryptozoology in his book On the Track of Unknown Animals.

The Centre for Fortean Zoology (CFZ) are still on the track, and have been since 1992. But as if chasing unknown animals wasn't enough, we are involved in education, conservation, and good old-fashioned natural history! We already have three journals, the largest cryptozoological publishing house in the world, CFZtv, and the largest cryptozoological conference in the English-speaking world, but in January 2009 someone suggested that we started a daily online magazine! The CFZ bloggo is a collaborative effort by a coalition of members, friends, and supporters of the CFZ, and covers all the subjects with which we deal, with a smattering of music, high strangeness and surreal humour to make up the mix.

It is edited by CFZ Director Jon Downes, and subbed by the lovely Lizzy Bitakara'mire (formerly Clancy), scourge of improper syntax. The daily newsblog is edited by Corinna Downes, head administratrix of the CFZ, and the indexing is done by Lee Canty and Kathy Imbriani. There is regular news from the CFZ Mystery Cat study group, and regular fortean bird news from 'The Watcher of the Skies'. Regular bloggers include Dr Karl Shuker, Dale Drinnon, Richard Muirhead and Richard Freeman.The CFZ bloggo is updated daily, and there's nothing quite like it anywhere else. Come and join us...

Search This Blog

WATCH OUR WEEKLY WEBtv SHOW

SUPPORT OTT ON PATREON

SUPPORT OTT ON PATREON
Click on this logo to find out more about helping CFZtv and getting some smashing rewards...

SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER



Unlike some of our competitors we are not going to try and blackmail you into donating by saying that we won't continue if you don't. That would just be vulgar, but our lives, and those of the animals which we look after, would be a damn sight easier if we receive more donations to our fighting fund. Donate via Paypal today...




Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'M YER GONZO BLOG DOO-DAH MAN


Once again it's the sabbath day,
you know what I mean OK?
just when you thought it can't get worse,
you're confronted with some Gonzo verse,
cos once a week I always try,
to pluck couplets from my mind's eye
and sometimes they can even make sense,
so forgive my weekly self-indulgence

I've just heard the title song
(from the new album which won't be long)
from the Marquis Michael Des Barres,
its one of the best from the year so far
now the release date's getting near,
you'll be reading lots about him here,
and I hope it won't put him in a rage
but I nicked this from his Facebook page
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/michael-des-barres-stolen-from-his.html

Jefferson Starship are one of those groups
who stimulate enthusiastic whoops
of joyous mirth and simple glee
from music journalists like me
veterans of the San Fransisco scene
I am sure you know just what I mean
and I have an exclusive extract
from the liner notes (and that's a fact)
of a four CD set that I know
is coming out soon through Gonzo,
of a gig they did (and played so well)
at a UFO gig in Roswell
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/jefferson-starship-look-what-i-got-hold.html

Rick plays the keyboards with such ease,
producing gorgeous sounds that please,
I have a lot of his LPs
(damn, I think the cat has fleas
which is irrelevant ) but its my contention
cos its just come to my attention,
Rick's giving a speech at a trade convention,
on the 28th (that's his intention)

So if you happen to be near,
you'd better read about it here,
just click your mouse for heaven's sake man.
and read the news about Rick Wakeman
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/rick-wakeman-musical-instrument-retail.html

I used to know a girl called Polly,
who was into prog, she'd have loved Wally,
a band who split in '76
but now they're back with brand new tricks,
they're a damn grood band (literate and clever),
they seem to be around for ever
so here's an interview with Roy Webber (vox)
who likes to think outside the box
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/exclusive-roy-webber-jackson-webber.html

Roger Hodgson was in Supertramp
and now he's done a cool revamp
of one of his popular tracks
(I bet he is a great live act)
Now an uplifting video
with his song in it (What d'ya know?)
its a Coke advert, but I don't care
cos the message is righteous.. so there!
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/roger-hodgson-video-magnificently.html

Its now become traditional,
in fact its uncondional
to have a sunday story about Liz,
one of my favourites in the music biz,
about Liz who? I hear you ask
soundly taking me to task,
I reply, "Her from Auburn" mate,
and by the way, her album's great...
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/auburn-review-so-spot-on-i-could-have.html

Hawkwind's been around for years
producing spacerock for your ears
they recently released a new CD
and I must say it sounds good to me,
and I hope it will sound good to you,
which is why I'm posting this review,
and I wonder if you'll wonder how,
they've kept it up four decades now
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.com/2012/06/hawkwind-new-album-review.html

So that's it for another week
of bad couplets from an ageing freak,
I hope you all will have a fun day,
the poems will be back next sunday.

Th-th-th-that's all folks...

No comments: