'Somewhere on the A39 between Bideford and Bucks Cross, 20/08/08 - 5pm
I don't really like driving, so on holiday I let my wife do all the driving and I get to look around and see if I can spot any interesting animals !!!
We were going pretty slow due to traffic, probably only 10 miles an hour , I was scanning the fields to my left , the field we were level with was empty and quite small only a few hundred yards wide. In the middle of the field was what appeared to be a furry red hump, as I drew level with it I got a pretty good look at it. It was definitely unlike anything I had ever seen roaming about our countryside before.
- Overall length - tip of tail to tip of nose 6 to 7 feet
- Height - 2 to 3 feet at the top of the hump.
- Huge bushy tail.
- Long thin face.
- Colour was red, but not like a fox more like maroon, like the cushion below, but it also had some rusty brown around the shoulders and head.
- The fur was short and course.
- The creature seemed to be digging with really thick front legs.
- My kids saw it as well and got quite excited as it looked so strange!