Therefore I understand perfectly what dear Lindsay Selby is going through. Her cat Baggins was put to sleep yesterday.
"He was 14 and had been with us since he was 6 weeks old. His liver and kidneys were failing. Just collected his remains and buried him in the garden. I needed to bring him home, you know? He was a truly cryptid cat having moved to Scotland with me the year I lived up there on the Black Isle so I could be near Loch Ness. I am devastated as it was unexpected and sudden. Probably poison from eating a poisoned mouse."