"In all things of nature there is
something of the marvellous."
As promised last week, the first issue of the new look, 108pp magazine, renamed The Amateur Naturalist is available.
CONTENTS FOR THIS ISSUE
11. THE NEWS FEATURE: West Thurrock Marshes
15. MORE NEWS
17. ZOO NEWS
20. CRYPTO NEWS
24. CLUB NEWS DIRECTORY:
The Emirates Natural History Group.
The British Killifish Association
25. CLUB NEWS: Ryedale A.S Open Show
26. Exchange Publications
27. OBITUARY: Simon Wolstencroft
29. COSTA RICAN ADVENTURE: Central American Wildlife by David Loft
39. FRUIT BEETLES WITH ATTITUDE: Captive Cetoniinae by Max Blake
42. TALES FROM THE BUSH: In the Footsteps of Wallace by Stephen Backshall
47. ADULT BABIES: Axolotls by Trevor Smith
50. NOT QUITE JAWS: Freshwater `Sharks` by David Marshall
55. FROM THE SOLOMON ISLANDS: The Jade Mantis by Graham Smith
58. SNAKES WITH FINS: Channa chat by Max Blake
62. TREVOR’S TAILS
64. LUCY’S LIFE
66. A PRICKLY INDIAN: Bengal Spiny Stick Insect by Janice Holt
69. ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS: Your first snake by Richard Freeman
74. FREE RANGE NEPHILA: Orb spinner spiders at home by Ray Gabriel
80. ZEBRA RODENTS: African striped mice by Oll Lewis
84. IN DEPTH: Insect diets and the role of toxins in food plants by Curtis Lakin
86. GOING FOR A SONG: Charity Killifish Auction by Max Blake
87. BOOKSHELF: Reviews by Richard Freeman
89. HELP: I need somebody
Jon Downes, Graham Smith, Graham Inglis, Corinna Downes, Ray Gabriel, David Loft, Janice Holt, Richard Freeman, David Marshall, Stephen Backshall, Oll Lewis, Ross Phillips, Ray Gabriel, Curtis Lakin, Tim Matthews, Lucy Henson, Trevor Smith,
and Max Blake
This magazine is available in two formats. The perfect bound paperback format costing £4.99/$US8.99 and the digital format costing £2.50/$US4. If you have purchased the hard copy format you are entitled to have a free digital copy. This is a service of the magazine and its publishers who realise that although the hard copy is more durable and looks well on your bookshelf, the contents are in black and white, so email email@example.com with proof of purchase, and download instructions will be sent forthwith.
The digital version is now available, and can be purchased if you click the image of the cover on the top right hand side of this page, and the hard copy version will be available next week.