Sheri Myler, our student who is doing a series of placements with us over the next year or so is back for her second stint. Once again, I am putting her to work and she will be blogging each day about her time here...
Today we put the different sections of the Eberhart book together, before starting to make it all look neat. This is when we realised that many of the words used for cross-referencing, that should be in capitals, were not. So, whilst making sure that everything is spaced out properly and checking that all the web-addresses are still active, we also had to read along in the text to ensure that we changed all of the cross-referencing into capitals.
Some way through this, we realised that they were in the wrong sort of capital letters. It should have been “small caps” rather than “all caps”. It took quite a while to work out how to change it, although why it is so complicated is still unknown.
This day was quite draining indeed, so we decided to call it a night a little earlier than usual. We did, however, have a good lengthed cat hunt, which perked me up no end. There were a few moths, but the real star of the evening was a frog that was sitting fantastically in the road. It remained there, very chilled out, as a car drove over it, almost squishing it. It didn’t even budge when a second car (ours) approached. Indeed, it stayed put until Jon got out and moved it himself, to forcibly aid it in staying alive.